Need Virtualbox as local app

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:25:55 UTC 2009

On 2/10/09, Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se> wrote:
>                                                    Hi!
>
> I´d be interested in why you want to run virtual box as a local app? What
> do you want to achieve? Fyi I run virtual box as a normal app.

Teaching Linux system adminstration. Students have their own root
account on their own VM.

I am currently using OpenVZ which is very resource efficient but I
can't teach nfs, iptables and most importantly installs (partitioning,
raid ...) OpenVZ offers VPS's not VM's.

I suppose I could run 30 instances of Virtualbox on my K12Linux server
but I would need 16GB of ram, lots of fast disks and dual quad core
Nehalems.

--
Robert Arkiletian