K12Linux in a multi homed environment

Bond, Darryl dbond at nrggos.com.au
Fri Feb 13 10:22:03 UTC 2009

We are moving from LTSP4.2 to K12Linux (Fedora10) in a rather large complex environment.

The boot servers are 2 Solaris boxes each running ISC dhcpd. The clients are explicitly defined in the dhcpd.conf.
LTSP always used:
option root-path=IP:/opt/ltsp
which is fine in a single homed host but pretty broken in a multihomed host environment like ours, unless the root-path is set for each host.

I used to extract the initramfs and modify the scripts so that the server IP address was extracted from the next-server = IP dhcpd.conf configuration but I would really like to not have to do this with the new system.

What is the chance of ascertaining the nfs server IP address separately from the root path.

Darryl

The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain legally privileged, personal, sensitive or confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, and have received this email, any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited. Any legal privilege or confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of delivery to any person other than intended addressee. If you have received this message and are not the intended addressee you should notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the message and any attachments. Unless expressly attributed, the views expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the views of the company.