Minimum RAM requirements

Darryl Bond dbond at nrggos.com.au
Fri Feb 20 01:27:41 UTC 2009

I have been testing with a selection of my clients. I have found that
pulseaudio will not work with 64MB clients (I have a lot of them).

After boot there is a pulseaudio -D process running but the main process
that is started is not running.
I notice that it grabs a 64MB shared memory segment, even though pulse
is run with --disable-shm

If I run the pulse startup command from /usr/share/ltsp/ltsp-init-common
I get the following result:

W: main.c: Running in system mode, but --disallow-exit not set!
W: main.c: Running in system mode, but --disallow-module-loading not set!
E: shm.c: mmap() failed: Cannot allocate memory
E: core.c: pa_mempool_new() failed.
E: main.c: pa_core_new() failed.

Darryl

The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain legally privileged, personal, sensitive or confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, and have received this email, any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited. Any legal privilege or confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of delivery to any person other than intended addressee. If you have received this message and are not the intended addressee you should notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the message and any attachments. Unless expressly attributed, the views expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the views of the company.