Client root file system read only

Bond, Darryl dbond at nrggos.com.au
Fri Feb 27 09:45:14 UTC 2009

We are working on Fedora 10 LTSP hosted on Solaris.
The client chroot is hosted on a rw filesystem as opposed to the default which is exported RO.

While I am aware of the reasons for relying on the server to enforce the ro filesystem, but, would it be possible for the client to mount it ro too?

It looks like that at present it does not make any policy and therefore it mounts at what the server will supply, rw.

Darryl

The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain legally privileged, personal, sensitive or confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, and have received this email, any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited. Any legal privilege or confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of delivery to any person other than intended addressee. If you have received this message and are not the intended addressee you should notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the message and any attachments. Unless expressly attributed, the views expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the views of the company.