No mouse pointer with LTSP-T1420 Thin Client

k12linux at xemaps.com k12linux at xemaps.com
Thu Jan 22 23:08:04 UTC 2009

I have a thin client I purchased from Disklessworkstations.com (LTSP Term 1420 PXE) which works rather well.  However, I am testing K12Linux's LTSP5 implementation and have discovered that my mouse pointer does not work.  Although, I should really say the mouse pointer does not show up (it's invisible).  If I move the mouse to the far left corner of the screen (by feel.. not by sight mind you) it will highlight the Preferance box and I can click to bring it up.  So, that means the mouse is technically working... so why can't I see it?  I have tested an older LTSP-170DVI terminal and it works perfectly, so this problem is terminal specific.  Also, I have tried Debian's, openSUSE's, and Ubuntu's LTSP5 implementations and they all work just fine.  (Ironically, K12Linux is my favorite.. and fastest so far).  Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks, Andrew