Sound on old Indigo iMacs

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Wed Mar 11 19:40:56 UTC 2009

Gary,

Are these IMacs the cdrom *slot load* models? If they are, you should
get sound. Can you drop to a shell on one of these and run ' lspci ' and
see what sound card they are showing? As I recall the 'dull' colored
Imacs got sound were the shiney/tray load cdrom's would not. I could
never get sound to work on these models.

Barry