f10 live on usb stick slowness

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Nov 22 20:30:21 UTC 2009

Hi Patrick,

Thanks much for the feedback! AT least this way I know my temp setup
doesn't have something wonky.Just curious, Did the Ebox's run about the
same on FC9-K12LINUX  as FC11-K12LINUX? I have read so many reports that
users going from FC9 to FC10 even on many laptops really noticed major
lags in video performance when upgrading from FC9 to FC10. Many said
they wound up downgrading the xorg drivers to older FC9 rpms then the
video performance came back.I have had FC10 on an Acer Aspire One for a
couple months now, and performance is fine with it. We have been happy
with the way things run of EL5 k12ltsp at school so that is what we have
stuck with there. I thought possibly even going to an GIGE switch in
between the home server and my Ebox may help performance somewhat,as my
server has both GIGE nics ,but from downstairs,were server is located to
upstairs,were the Ebox is ,is an 10/100 switch in between.
I do not want to give up the quietness of the Ebox fanless box. Hearing
fans running almost drives me nuts after having a fanless PC for the
last 5 years.
If you would be interested in  selling a couple of the Ebox's I may be
interested in them for spares.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna