Issues

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Thu Feb 4 01:45:31 UTC 2010

Although it is arguably a step backward for the moment, you might try K12LTSP,
the last release of which is based on LTSP 4.2 and Centos 5.  With K12LTSP, all
the services you need are already configured.  It's pretty much install & go.
While it is different than K12Linux under the covers, and LTSP 4.2 is no longer
being developed, if you're new to thin client computing, I think you'll find it
easier. Once you get the hang of thin clients, then look at moving to K12Linux
or LTSP 5 on some other distro. One more reason: As of today, I don't think
there has been much success getting K12Linux to run on RHEL 5/Centos 5, as they
are missing some important parts needed in LTSP5 (which is what K12Linux uses).
  K12Linux is pretty much Fedora only at this point.  Since you're new to this,
I think you'll only find frustration in trying to get it working on RHEL.  See
k12ltsp.org.

Peter