Installing additional packages via plugin

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 09:11:29 UTC 2011

Hello

  I was creating a plug-in to allow connecting to ltsp client via ssh.
  Now during an "after install" procedure new packages have to be installed.
  So I was doing this (inside a plug-in script say "050-ssh-connect"):

            chroot $ROOT <<EOF
            mount /proc
            yum install -y openssh-server sudo
            umount /proc
            exit
EOF

  These lines are executed. Problem arises if I'm trying to install an
i386 ltsp-client on 64bit server... During this plug-in procedure
64bit packages are downloaded and therefore fail to install.

  Any suggestions? How do I force yum to use clients architecture?
  I didn't find any other fedora plug-ins installing additional
packages in ltsp-trunk.

  Thank you

P.S. DIRTY workaround is to create and copy /etc/yum.repos.d/* files
in some temporary directory with a fixed architecture specified and
copy them to chroot/client before calling yum. But this is "too
dirty"...

--
Tomas Straupis