[K12OSN] Quota settings was:logon scripts

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 01:41:35PM -0800, Nicholas Couchman wrote:

> Depending on how you have log rotation configured, they can get pretty big,
> >
> > question 2:  I have apache running on the server.  when users access the
> > webserver it places info in a log file called httpd-access.log  is this
> > normal?  seems this could become a huge log file if alot of traffic comes
> > through here.

It pays to keep an eye on things.  I once had a "No space left on device"
error, at which I immediately exclaimed B/S, as I 'knew' I had 6GB left.

Well it turned the system was correct, and after checking my logs and finding
them in order, I discovered a 6.4GB .xsession-errors file in one of my
users' directories.  8-O

How that got there, I have no idea, but it hasn't happened again. yet. 8-/
Have I got quotas turned off for that to occur ?  Where are the quota
settings ?

That was with K12OS V2.0 BTW..

regards,
Steve

p.s IMO, since K12OS is supposed to lower TCO, a package to self-examine
the system, and report by email/other on faults and general areas of concern
would be useful.  With that running, it would be walk-away-and-forget. ciao.