[K12OSN] .bash_history

I have used "vi /root/.bash_history" in the past to look at my previous
commands, and to remember commands that I do not know off the top of my head.

I have found recently, that my /root/.bash_history is not being updated.  As a
matter of fact it has not been updated in quite a while.

Can someone assist in this?  Where would my history be kept?  More importantly,
how do I look at my own system to find out where the history is kept?  If it is
a malicious event, or if this ever occurs again, I would like to know how to
fix this.

Thanks for your help.

Michael Cortes
Fort LeBoeuf School District