Re: [K12OSN] /etc/services

Stephen,
	/etc/services translates port number:transport pairs into human
readable form. you have seemingly duplicated services, but in reality they
are just fine: one is tcp, one is udp. say ftp is described both as port
21 tcp and port 21 udp. this is really overkill, ftp is run only over tcp,
but you could conceivably run it over udp. netstat command uses
/etc/services to translate port numbers for you, so does network services
configuration file. julius