[K12OSN] making logon scripts

hello everyone! yesterday I had requested if someone knew how to create logon scripts for samba, and I did not get any responses. This was a good thing, because it forced me to figure it out. I now know how to do it. it was simple. if anyone would like to know, here is how I did it.

created a login script in notepad on my windows machine

NET USE S:\\%SERVER%\WEB /YES >

at the end of each line, do a CTRL & M at the same time. then save your script.

then using ftp, I ftp'd the file back to the server sending it in binary mode.

created a share in my smb.conf for WEB

that was it.

Stephen Wagner
District Technology Coordinator