Re: [K12OSN] Re: MOSIX

You might consider the small version of Belkins Omniview type switch box
- running  4 (or more if you cascade them!) pc's using only one monitor
for your cluster.  Or do I misunderstand and the PC's in the cluster also
functioning as workstations?  Anyway,  that would cut down on heat and
power consumption.

Paul Williams
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 00:04:10 -0600 "James Jensen"
<jmsjnsn linuxfreemail com> writes:

> You wrote:
> > Room for the nodes is an issue.  Running out of power is a bigger
> one
>
> >   On the positive side you'll have a nicely heated room in the
> winter.
>
> Yeah, that's my big joke with a friend from work, once I get the
> cluster set
> up I will have to buy a bigger air conditioning unit.  Winters
> should be
> nice though.  No.  Seriously, I cannot run 20 systems at home.  I
> don't have
> the room or power for it.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.