Re: [K12OSN] scripting help

Michael, I wrote a perl script that does an md5 check on the filesystem each day and emails the results to the administrator. Let me know if you would like to see it.

Steve

Michael Cortes wrote:

I need some help with a script.

I have an idea for checking up on some key files on my linux box, like shadow or passwd.

I want to copy those key files to an arbitrary directory. Then I use crond to compare the file and the copy and email me the results if there are differences.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Michael Cortes
Fort LeBoeuf School District