[K12OSN] Re: Administrivia

Howdy

I am in a country with some of the most expensive bandwidth in the
world, but let's face it, how big is a text e-mail...? Tiny!

Surely if a thread is off topic, it is the moderator's job to decide so.
If he does not decided as such then, as far as I am concerned, no
one should have the right to shut a poster down for off topic
posting. Of course, if a subscriber feels a thread is not relevant,
and it seems as if the moderator has missed this, a private e-mail
to the moderator about this would not be out of place.

Use mail filtering rules, and just delete all the mails in a thread you
are tired of, rather than shutting down a thread that may be
interesting to many others (possibly less guru-ish than yourself).

Security is always relevant.

Ciao

Warwick Chapman
Network Administrator
Glenwood High School, Durban, South Africa
+27 031 2055241
+27 083 7797094
http://www.glenwoodhighschool.co.za