Re: Administrivia Was: [K12OSN] I got hacked.........

Hello Michael,

I am a moderator for the list.

I've not followed all of this thread but I can tell you that Eric and I
are 100% together on the issue of a wide range of questions being a good
thing.

Every listserv goes through a time where members discuss what is
discussed. Then, somehow they seem to move beyond that.

I get close to 300 emails a day and there is no way I could ever follow
every thread but I continue to subscribe to several lists because I want
to see what's being discussed. Every now and then I see something
intereseting and I join in and/or archive the message to read later.

I did see one post to K12OSN that I did not think appropriate or helpful
but I was pleased to see how several mature list users chimed in with
supportive yet gentle posts to move the discussion along.

If you're interested in the Lifecycle of Listservs then head for:
http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/taylor/topics/listlife.htm

I'll quote only the first part here:

"Every listserv seems to go through the same cycle:

1. Initial enthusiasm
a) people introduce themselves
b) they gush a lot about how wonderful it is to find kindred souls

2. Evangelism
a) people moan about how few folks are posting to the list
b) they brainstorm recruitment strategies..."

See the link above to find out what happens next. The K12OSN list is
full of great people with big hearts doing good things for kids and the
public in general. We may hit a bump in the road every now and then but
we will continue to help each other and be useful. That's what the
Internet is able to do and I still think it's cool that a bunch of
computers all over the world can bring people together in such positive
ways.

;-) Paul