[K12OSN] Squid Proxy server specs

Hi all,

I'm having a blast learning more about Squid and DansGuardian (I use the
Squid and SquidGuard packages with the K12LTSP disc).  Two things....I'm
about to buy a server to use for my proxy server / internet filter running
RH 7.2, Squid, and DansGuardian.  I have about 175-200 users max (in other
words we have over 175 machines)....with probably a peak of 75 concurrent
users (and that will be very rare).  What do folks recommend for
processor...RAM...Hard drive size and speed and so forth for this server.
 Second...are any folks out there using SquidGuard or DansGuardian....I'm
interested to find out how you manage your blacklists and whether or not
you feel your solution blocks too much or too little.  I lean to
DansGuardian just a bit due to the expression filtering which in my K-8
setting catches some of the sites that are not listed in SquidGuard....and
DansGuardian also uses the SquidGuard blacklists.  What are your
opinions...help me make some decisions.  Thanks!

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us