Re: [K12OSN] Local floppy access with LTSP 2.0 via Konqueror andfloppyd

That's too easy!

Attached is a desktop link to make it "user friendly", drop a copy in
~/Desktop/  & /etc/skel/Desktop as well.

I'll add all of this into the next build.

Thanks!

-Eric

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Andy Payne wrote:

>After monkeying around with KDE 3.0, I recenltly discovered how to make
>local floppy access work on the terminal server. It works with KDE 2.2.2
>as well. You need to have the KDE packages installed on the Terminal
>Server, as well as the 'mtools' package.
>
>The client's need to run a daemon supplied with the mtools package called
>'floppyd'. If you are running LTSP 2.0+ All that is required, is to add
>the line:
>-
>        RCFILE_01          = floppyd
>-
>Under the "[Default]" definition in the /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
>
>You will need to create a file in your home directory named '.mtoolsrc'
>containing:
>-
>drive a: file="$DISPLAY" remote
>-
>I've added this file to /etc/skel (so it will be automatically created
>in new users home directories upon account creation).
>
>Reboot the client machine. Plug in a DOS formatted diskette.
>Fire up the 'konqueror'. Browse to "floppy:/". Now you can view/modify
>floppy disk contents via a GUI on the server.
>
>I'll be drafting something about local sound support soon.
>
>-Andy

[Desktop Entry]
Icon=3floppy_unmount
Name[en_US]=floppy