[K12OSN] Fonts on terminals

OK, some long background first:
I have been using k12LTSP and love it, but my problem is the lack of thai
support in RH, so I started working with mandrake and the LTSP packages,
because Mandrake's Thai is better, if not perfect.  Yesterday, however, I
found the newly released Thai gov't fork of RH7.2 for the desktop with
EVERYTHING in Thai.  I went to my office, partitioned off a widows machine to
see how it looks, installed the server and ltsp packages from k12, fiddled a
bit, and it works.
Well, almost works.  Nothing shows up in Thai.  I am guessing that I need to
put Thai fonts into the /opt/ltsp/i386/ directory, but can I just chroot into
there and then install the package off of the k12 disk, or is there something
more complicated?
Off-topic: anyone help me with how to throw these two distros together to
make K12LTSP-thai?
Thanks
Dan