Re: [K12OSN] thinknic sound

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, mwagnon wrote:

>The sound is great 100%. Just like if I was at my redhat workstation, but only under root. The volume isn't a problem, the speakers have their own adjustments that work fine, I just can't get anything to work for users other than root. I'm going to play with it some more tomorrow like I said, I've made one change and I have to see if that did any good when I get to work tomorrow. But yours are working fine for all users I assume? All I did was add the two entries to my lts.conf. Was there another step to take to allow my other users to have sound?
>
>Caleb Wagnon

Remote sound only works under root you say?  The remote sound support in
K12LTSP 2.0 is setup to *not* work for root.

What distro are you running? (something other than K12LTSP 2.0?)

What window manager are you using? (GNOME or KDE?)

Can you think of anything you've modified or messed around with?

-Eric