[K12OSN] Newbie Question

I am a K12 Tech Director in Illinois who is considering installing a K12LTSP lab in our high school.  My preliminary tests have all been positive.  I do need to run Microsoft Office, so I will need a second server running Win 2000 Advanced Server and Terminal Services.  I have successfully installed RDesktop and connected to Win Term Services and everything is fine.

My question/concern – actually, not really my concern but the concern of other individual in my department – is that when we connect 24 computers in a lab to a single boot/access point, it will be too slow.

Can I help speed issues by placing 4 nics in the server (we will buy new servers for this) with one of the nics accessing the rest of our network while the three other nics connect three different segments of the lab.  Is it possible to have 8 computers “wired” to each of these nics to balance the load on the network?  Is anyone doing something like this?

Thank you for any info you can provide.