Re: [K12OSN] MailList Question

My primary machines (because I work as a corporate IT consultant) is a Windows laptop - hence the Eudora - but it writes standard UNIX mailboxes, so I go back and forth from KMail.

Still, the duplicates messages is a symptom that has only appeared since the maillist moved over to RedHat. It worked fine out of Riverdale.....

Kirk

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 09:07:10AM -0600, jgonzalez proligo com wrote:
> Me, too !!  On the old list, the reply-to was the list server.  Now the
> reply-to is the individual.  If Red Hat could change the reply-to, to be
> the list address, it would alleviate duplicate messages and the full
> discussions can be followed.  If there is a private discussion, then the
> message can be sent only to the individual.

[rearranged]

[Please add you comments below the OP, and trim uncommented parts.]

This is a mailing list FAQ, see
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/faq/maillist.html#munge_reply-to

Kirk, you could set the Mail-Followup-To header of your own mails
pointing to the list. That way decent MUAs that respect the
Mail-Followup-To will not send copies directly to you. Since some
people use not-so-respectful MUAs, that will not eliminate the problem
though, so some filtering on your part is unavoidable. Procmail is
probably the most commonly used tool for this (in *nix land, that is,
you seem to use Eudora for MS Windows ;-)

--

Hans Ekbrand