Re: [K12OSN] MailList Question

Kirk,

The double messages is normal.  Although I don't like it
either.

Some people who setup mailing lists, believe that the reply-to
header should always point back to the individual, rather than the
list.  So, if you just hit reply, only the original author
will get the reply, and the list won't.

There's lots of talk about this, and I understand what they
are all saying, but for me, I prefer all of the dialog
to go back to the list, so we can have threaded archives.

To me, it doesn't make much sense to have someone ask a question,
and then the answer and further dialog becomes a private conversation.

I think we all benefit from seeing the questions AND the answers.

So, for lists that DON'T use the list address for the reply-to,
I strongly encourage you to hit the 'Reply All' button.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Jim McQuillan
jam ltsp org