Re: [K12OSN] MailList Question

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 06:38:55PM -0600, Kirk Rheinlander wrote:
> Well, from my perspective, being a religious reader of the email on this
> list, I find it extremely disconcerting to read a message with embedded
> includes that have never been posted on this list, in the middle of a
> discussion thread......and to avoid this, you have to "REPLY TO ALL"
> duplicating the traffic (some would call that "spam") and then have receive
> 2 messages for every one that you post, resulting in manual clean up, time
> wasting, etc.
>
> Or you manually move the CC: to the To:, deleting the existing To: - this
> is getting to be more work than it is worth! (OK, not quite, but really
> tedious - it is moving down the priority scale due to the extra effort)
>
> If someone thinks that this is the way it is supposed to work, then someone
> has a warped sense of mail list management (IMHO).

[please trim uncommented parts]
[pleas comment below]

Almost all major MUA on *nix has a "list-reply" function: Mutt, Kmail,
Evolution, Gnus and others. According to
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/computer/email/using-lists/posting.html
Eudora have the list-reply function too.

So instead of complaining about the list setup, please learn how to
use Kmail and Eudora.

(And use the Message-ID header to filter out duplicates, sent by those
mailers that do not respect the Mail-Followup-To header.)

--

Hans Ekbrand