Re: [K12OSN] Open-mosix question

Valid questions all.  There are so many factors involved, from hardware
combinations to what processes are running, to network bandwidth.  I don't
have the answers for you, but I will say that it won't hurt to try, IMO.  If
you find that something is not to your liking with it, you can always switch
back to the standard K12LTSP distribution kernels.

The key here is testing this in a larger scale environment and somehow
gauging the response.  I'm working towards that but I don't have the
resources put it together at this time.  I know some of you guys hate
attachments on the list but there were a couple of big errors in the last
update of my how-to.  I have fixed those errors and tested them on ground up
installations twice today.  No problems.  So in any event if you do attempt
it you won't be calling me names because you can't find certain files listed
in the previous version!  LOL!  (Of course in all seriousness the disclaimer
in the doc remains totally in effect...)

What is your setup like?  How many clients?  What kind of hardware, network
capacity, etc?

I know that there are at least a few folks out there giving it a go, perhaps
in larger environs.  Hopefully we can get some feedback from them to
formulate some answers to your questions...

Thanks,

James