Re: [K12OSN] Slow LTSP

[please wrap your text at approx. 70 char.]

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 10:52:05PM -0500, Caleb Wagnon wrote:
. I am not running anything locally. It takes sometimes over a minute for any application to open, and you can imagine how it is with netscape. After it opens, it is still unbearably slow. My terminals sometimes just lock up. I really am confidant it isn't a hardware issue. With the above server and thinknic terminals with 64 mb of ram and 266mhz processors especially.

Could it be a DNS issue?

>Now I HAVE played with the number of file handles allowed, i bumped it up to like 64k or so. Should that matter?

You write that even with only one client it is slow, so the problem is
elsewhere.

>Should I be using NFS Swapping? I've tried it with and without and its all equally slow.

No, 64 Mb makes room for a LOT of windows/applications. For normal
uses 64 Mb is more than enough.

--

Hans Ekbrand