Re: [K12OSN] Slow LTSP

Caleb,
	nslookup or dig are your friends.

look for the server name and the workstation name. look up something
outside, check out /etc/resolv.conf. make sure server name and workstation
name are in /etc/hosts. rename /etc/resolv.conf temporarily, try nslookup
again, see if speed improves.
i still think that it is a network problem - dns may be messed up too, but
after the boot and login it should have no bearing on speed of apps, other
than netscape looking up your favorite sites. julius