Re: [K12OSN] Slow LTSP

--- Hans Ekbrand <hans sociologi cjb net> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 06:58:33AM -0500, Caleb Wagnon wrote:
> >
> > DNS issue? Where would I start to look?
>
> Try mentioning one client in /etc/hosts, and see if it gets fast.
>
> Another potential problem is the gigabit nic on the server <-> switch
> (OR the singe client on a crossover cable)?

This shouldn't be a problem because, first, the switches are built to do
asyncronous data transfers, and second, the NIC cards will auto-negotiate a
speed, so even if the server has a gigabit ethernet card, it won't connect at 1
gigabit even if the client is connected directly via crossover cable.  The only
problem would be if the hardware is bad or the device driver is buggy (in which
case trying another ethernet card might answer that question).

--Nick