Re: [K12OSN] Slow LTSP

Not a great benchmark, but we ran a 850mhz PIII running Win2k and Solitaire against a Compaq 486/25 - 16 mb RAM, running as a single LTSP 1.1 terminal, on a dual PIII/850 server, running Win4Lin network edition, with Win98SE and Solitaire...... (O/S plus emulation, plus OS plus 10 mb network plus slow terminal machine...)

...The LTSP 486 appeared and felt, in a side by side visual comparison, significantly faster than the standalone machine....

FWIIW --- Kirk

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Caleb Wagnon wrote
I know ltsp won't be speedy, but this is slow beyond usefulness.