Re: [K12OSN] ip forwarding

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Paul Nelson wrote:

> He wants to go from the outside TO the inside. That's a different question.
> IS that what you're trying to do Julius?
>
> If so then I'm not sure how to do that. Perhaps some special routing tables
> in your firewall... Sounds like a good stumper for the list!

  - in Linux-2.4 kernelspace, iptables does this with -dnat
  - older kernels can use a package called redir

Sources on the latter at:
   ftp.owlriver.com  /pub/local/ORC/redir/
for anonymous FTP -- YMMV -- built cleanly on a RH 7.2 box
patched current -- not tested.  Let me know if you need help.

-- Russ Herrold