[K12OSN] Slow Terminals

Well guys I'm bruised. Those bruises are from my kicking myself this afternoon. Sure enough, I didn't have a domain entry =O } . Things seem fine now. I had to go, but before I left I booted up 12 terminals. After running "top" , I found out that 12 terminals and my server combined were only consuming a little over 200 megs of ram and are faster than any pc dreamed of being. This resourcefulness is brought to me by switching to icewm and by making all the lts.conf modifications suggested by you guys. This is by far the best listserv I've ever worked with. Thanx guys! I have one problem still. Sound works on my terminals for root, but not for any other accounts. I don't get any error messages and everything goes through the motions. What's the deal?

Caleb Wagnon

---