Re: [K12OSN] Logging IM traffic

> Some kind of SOCKS proxy MIGHT be able to do this.  If you have the megabucks,
> you could get a $7000 Vericept traffic sniffer :)

Well, since all the network traffic goes through my Linux gateway I could
probably install packet sniffing software and try to recognize the
IM packets.

> Though I think the absolute best is to just be able to have the confidence in
> your child not to do things like that and to have their confidence in you that
> they would tell you if they felt uncomfortable online.  Thats more valuable
> than any software package or amount of money.

I agree. And I think I have educated my children enough to be able to
trust them. But my friend had done an even better job educating his
daughter, and she still fell victim.

I don't want to monitor what they do, I just want to be able to go back
and review if I ever feel there's a need to.

john-