Re: [K12OSN] Logging IM traffic

This is the case at my house (just like at work).  Internet access is
provided with the understanding that I can and do control and monitor
all the resources provided.  Those who have shown that they are
trustworthy, get trusted.  Those who prove they are not trustworthy,
end up in a smaller play pen (so to speak).  I started with a baseline
of squidGuard years ago.  I've attempted to block all IM at times, or
deleted it off desktops.

I will occassionally query them about a web page or email they received,
just to let them know I'm watching.  And yes, I have one who was very
diligent about trying to get around the whole thing.

Cause I'm the dad and it is my job :-).

For the record, I have 5 children, 2 boys, 3 girls, current ages 13-20.

Jim Wildman, CISSP                                      jim rossberry com
614-404-1897                                     http://www.rossberry.com