Re: [K12OSN] Connecting Networks

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

>David,
>	i feel better now that i know i'm not the only one trying to go
>into the private network from public interface. ;-)
>julius
>p.s. it *should* be possible

This is "standard practice" for us... we have many more devices on our
network than we have IP address (a /18 CIDR block with ~35K devices ;-)

At the very minimum, the edge router on each subnet needs to be aware of
both the public and the private IP addresses of that subnet. Your main
router needs to be aware of all public and private networks. If you have
that much, it will all work itself out. Any advise beyond that would
depend on the exact design of the network.

As was said, "networks can be tricky" ;-)

-Eric