[K12OSN] Starting X w/o login

Happy Monday,

I am trying to set up some ltsp clients that when started only run a single app. I am close but I am missing some small step somewhere.

In my lts.conf file I setup a rc hook file for my test client called rdesktop.

[10.1.20.67]
        RCFILE_01       = rdesktop

The file rc.d/rdesktop exists and is run correctly (and is included below). It's purpose is to overwrite the start_ws file such that xdm is not started and the single application rdesktop is started.

The rcfile rdesktop starts X correctly, but all I get is the grey screen and X. Nothing fires up (the example below I was using xterm instead).

I am certain rdesktop is in the client's tree and the permissions are set correctly (as is xterm for testing purposes). I had at one point tried creating a .xinitrc file instead for loading rdesktop but it didn't make any difference either.

I believe I am just missing a single small set somewhere but I haven't been able to find it thus far.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :-)

#!/bin/sh

PATH=/bin:$PATH; export PATH . /etc/ltsp_functions

/sbin/devfsd /dev

XSERVER=`get_cfg XSERVER auto`
case ${XSERVER} in
    XF86_*)  XBINARY="${XSERVER}"
             ;;

    *)       XBINARY="XFree86"
             ;;
esac

if [ -w /proc/progress ]; then
echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/${XBINARY} ${ACC_CTRL} >/dev/tty3 2>&1 &" >/tmp/start_ws
else
echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/${XBINARY} ${ACC_CTRL} & " >/tmp/start_ws
fi

echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm " >> /tmp/start_ws
#echo "/usr/local/bin/rdesktop -f win2kserver ">> /tmp/start_ws