Re: [K12OSN] Shaky Video

Hi Jim,

I JUST FIGURED this out!!!

We had the same problem with the video. K12LTSP 1.x worked fine. When we
upgraded to 2.0 the video started shaking but on only some, not all of
our Intel D810emo based clients.

I tried switching power supplies, motherboards, memory... Here's what I
learned. Plug in a CD-rom drive to the client's power supply and the
jiggles will stop.

It seems that during the boot process, as soon as the kernel sees the
USB stuff the jiggles start. I don't know why adding a CD-rom drive
solves the problem but it works.

I know this is not a REAL solution but it's a start.

If anyone on the list is interested in a mystery. Here's one Eric and I
have been stumped on... What did we break between K12LTSP 1.x and 2.0
that gives us the jiggles? ;-)

This is a problem for us because the Intel D810emo boards are the ones
we like to use. They are often found on ebay for under $40, have a good
video card and the PXE booting makes them a great LTSP board.

;-) Paul

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 08:58, Tuttle, Jim wrote:
Paul Nelson............................... pnelson riverdale k12 or us
Riverdale School..............11733 SW Breyman Ave. Portland, OR 97219
(503)636-4511......fax(503)635-6342.... http://www.riverdale.k12.or.us