[K12OSN] LTSP Questions....

I am trying to get sound going for a Crystal CS4236B-KQ chipset in a
Dell GX1 client.  I can't figure out which kernel module to use.  Can
someone lead me in the right direction?  In the future, is there some
place I can go to figure this sort of thing out?

We were given a bunch of Dell computers from Wal-Mart.  They run great.
I am somewhat concerned about the amount of memory in the machines.
Most of them have 32 MB while some have 16 MB.  The processors are Intel
Pentium 133 MHz.  Is that adequate?  Are they worth our time?  They seem
to run things great, but I don't know how long it will last.

Also, where can I find the image that is located in the login screen?  I
would like to modify it a little.  Can I setup screen saver, desktop
background, and icon defaults for all users?  If so, how do I do that?
Thanks,
Tait Shrum
Bryant School District