RE: [K12OSN] Totally New to product

Hi All,

If you can't hide the FDD inside the case thenI have another solution. It
doesn't stop disk damage immediately, but will prevent writing to disk.

Carefully cut the write protect corner off of the disk, and remove the
little black lock.

Then you create special tool #726 (or whatever number you want to give it).
This is a specially bent FDD shutter which can be inserted between the
write protect sensor and the cut out corner. When you have to rewrite the
modified FDD, use special tool #xxx!

We had floppy boot 286s for a long time (up until the end of 2000) logging
into a Novell server and running some DOS apps. The kids stopped messing
with the Floppies after about a month because they couldn't use them. We
would loose 3 disks a term max.

Another option is to remove the FDD front plate, inset the disk and put the
plate back on. This will lock the shutter closed and the FDD inside the
drive. It's a bit rough, but it works reasonably well. Takes time that's
all.

Cheers,
Bert