[K12OSN] LTSP Questions

RedHat uses gdm by default. I know that under the version of gdm that comes with Ximian Gnome, you just have to go under the System menu to configure, and it lets you change the background and many other
settings. However I don't think that the default gdm that comes with RedHat will let you do that. You can either upgrade your copy of gdm with an official gdm rpm, or from the Ximian Gnome rpm. Either way you should start at http://rpmfind.net/ or install RedCarpet and do it that way ( http://www.ximian.com/ ). The other thing to do is edit the file /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf (at least that is the path under Mandrake), this file holds all the settings for GDM.
Caleb Wagnon

---