Re: [K12OSN] Help! Help! rsync error

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Pascal Laurent wrote:

>>When I tried to update my iso file using rsync I kept on getting the
>>following errors:
>
>bash-2.05$ rsync -avP k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-mirror/* .
>receiving file list ... done
>K12LTSP-2.0.2-disc1.iso
>680689664 (100%)
>RPMS -> ../../K12LTSP-rpms/
>SRPMS -> ../../K12LTSP-srpm/
>previous-releases -> ../old/
>K12LTSP-2.0.2-disc2.iso
>read error: Connection reset by peer
>unexpected EOF in read_timeout
>
>would you please help.

Two problems:

  1) those upstream from us report serious instabilities on UUNET

  2) we were slashdotted this week

So it could have been internet backbone problems or it could have been
we just ran out of bandwidth. It may have also been both, or perhaps
neither ;-)

Either way, you can just run the rsync again. It'll pick up where it left off.

-Eric