Re: [K12OSN] Filtering

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, David wrote:

>Ok, here's a question.  How do I force proxy/filtering (I've got squid
>w/squidGuard up) on a linux box that also serves as a NAT gateway?  As of
>last Tuesday, the county level forced their filter on all the districts
>that didn't have one forced, and now the network is slower than
>glaciers.  Anyway, if some kind soul could point me in the right direction
>here, I'd appreciate it.
>
>Thank you kindly,
>David

It's all in the fine manual ;-)

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ.html

Be sure to read the introduction before looking at the specific sections.
You'll need to make a few simple changes to /etc/squid/squid.conf before
it will work right as a transparent proxy.

If you are using IPCHAINS (the default), look here:

    http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html#ss17.3

    [ /sbin/ipchains -A input -p tcp -d 0/0 80 -j REDIRECT 3128 ]

and if you are using IPTABLES, look here:

    http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html#ss17.4

    [ /sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128  ]

-Eric