RE: [K12OSN] Totally New to product

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, John Warf wrote:

>I like the idea of putting the floppy in the drive and then putting the
>face place back on.  My question is this, on the dumb terminals does
>anyone leave a cd rom on this machine or has anyone tried doing a cd
>boot to the server?   Just wondering if it could be done.
>
>John

The "El Tortio" ISO9660 extention makes this fairly easy to do. This is a
bit convoluted, but if you just follow the steps it'll work.

Make a boot floppy & verify that works.

Make an image of the floppy, for example: (with the floppy in the floppy drive)

	cat /dev/fd0 > floppy.img

Now make an ISO9660 image with the following flags:

	mkisofs -b floppy.img -c boot.cat -o bootcd.iso floppy.img

You can then burn bootcd.iso onto a CDR and test it.

-Eric