RE: [K12OSN] Samba password change in Windows....

Hi Tait,

>From what you've written it definitely sounds like a system policy issue.

You don't mention the servers the machines are logging into. This actually
has a major influence on some things. Of course all Windoze stuff is
designed to run well on NT networks. :-|

Microsoft's Technet online website cover this well. Here's the URL for
their Knowledge base section.

http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SD=tech&LN=EN-US

Hope this helps,
Bert

On Tuesday, April 30, 2002 1:08 AM, Tait Shrum
[SMTP:tshrum bryant dsc k12 ar us] wrote:
> Since we have about 300 or so doing this, do you know if there is a
> registry key that controls it?  We can distribute a registry key easily
> via login scripts.  I have searched the Internet and can't find
> anything.
> Thanks,
> Tait Shrum
> Bryant Public School District
>
> On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 08:06, Jim Hays wrote:
> > My guess on this would be that the policies for the local user as set
as
> > to deny the local user access to the password control panel.  Run
> > Poledit on those computers to check the policies.

Behalf
> > Of Tait Shrum
> > Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 8:01 AM
> > To: K12OSN redhat com
> > Subject: [K12OSN] Samba password change in Windows....
> >
> > For the most part changing your Samba password via Windows is working
> > for us.  However, on quite a few computers across the district, the
> > button to change both the Windows or other password is not clickable.
> > We can delete the *.pwl files and can change the Windows password.
 But,