Re: [K12OSN] swap size

Yes that is true also. There are several different algorithms on how to
implement virtual memory... and different Unixs used them at times. Some
would do the 'mirroring and then swap in' and others would use a
'virtual page' view. I dont have my OS books here so I am probably wrong
about the names.

Some Unixes (IRIX and AIX?) will require that Swap space is the same as
physical ram+ a certain number so that if the box crashes you can get a
raw core dump when the box comes up. Basically the first thing they do
is 'copy' the core file to /lost+found or some similar place so that you
can send it off to customer support.

--
Stephen John Smoogen
  smooge mindspring com