Re: [K12OSN] Editing /linuxrc in initial Kernel ramdisk

Chris,

If you are using Etherboot, then you need to download
the ltsp_initrd_kit from the ltsp.org website.

Within that kit are all the pieces you need.  You will also
need to go to Etherboot.sourceforge.net and grab the mknbi-linux
tool to combine the kernel and the new initrd.

You should be able to just uncompress the initrd image that is
included in the kit, and mount it, then make your changes, and
unmount, and gzip it.

Then, use mknbi-linux to create the final image for booting.

Take a look at the buildk script to see what args are used for
mknbi.

You probably don't want to run the buildk script, because that
expects that you have built a kernel and have the kernel and
modules on your server.

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org