Re: [K12OSN] Clients don't connect :-(

I switched cables (eth0 went to school network) and found (via TAIL) that the my LTSP server was negotiating DHCP requests. That's a good sign, right? My LTSP server was serving!

Maybe I've got the boot disk for the clients messed up. I have a PCI 3c905-TX 10/100 card installed. It has printed on the card "3C905-TX" - I've used the ROM from rom-o-matic that is the 3c905-combo.  Does that sound right? There are several other 3c905 ROMS to choose from (I've tried them all).

The client display inidcates that it finds the card (the onscreen display shows the MAC address) and moves on to search for the DHCP server - but it seems to hang there - waiting expectantly. I assume it is hung but maybe it is searching and searching and searching...

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I guess if it was easy then everybody'd be doing it, right?
Overall this is what I have so far...
    eth0 --> (Intel NIC) --> switch --> clients
    eth1 --> (3C905C) --> network (has a static IP)

--
Dan Bentson-Royal, Technology Director
La Center Schools

"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
  --James Thurber