RE: [K12OSN] Which LZDSK image for 3C905-TX?

Thanks for looking at this. I'm losing more of my already thinning hair.
Computer Specs:
     The CPU is a P2/266
     The computer itself is an HP Vectra VL6/266 Series 7DT
     So far as I can tell, HP must have made the motherboard.

Would it make sense to try another type of NIC (maybe I can find an ISA NIC somewhere...) and see if that boots?