Re: [K12OSN] XPde and K12LTSP

M H wrote:

I am quite puzzled as to how I am going to continue. I am setting up K12LTSP with a Samba Server, and I will be using Winbind to allow users to use their NT Usernames and Passwords instead of having to set up serperate Linux ones. I am however wondering how I could use XPde with this setup, I want to make the Linux Boxes look as much like the NT boxes as possible. However the instructions for setting up XPde (www.xpde.com) state that it should be set up as the user that is going to install it. I am wondering if there is a way I can do this, given that I have nearly 1000 users that will be accessing the system at some point. I honestly dont want to have to log in to every account, install it, configure it and log out. It would also be nice to have some form of distributed management for XPde, has anyone had any experience with
Kylix OE?

Mike,

I'm sorry I can't help you, but I think XPde is very attractive, and I'm wondering what the server-loading is for this product - that is, how 'heavy' a window manager is it, and what are the consequences with regard to server-loading..

Please, do keep us informed.

kind regards,
Steve