[K12OSN] Winbind and K12LTSP

has anybody managed to get Winbind working with the K12LTSP yet? I had some thoughts about the XPde environment, is there a default user template within K12LTSP, becuase if there is, I could install the XPde environment into a normal user, then copy the account data into the default profile directory, so when winbind creates the new *nix user it will create it using the default profile, and will therefore have the XPde environment loaded.

Just a thought, any feedback is appreciated.

Mike

From: "M H" <haxor_2001 hotmail com>
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] XPde and K12LTSP
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 21:02:41 +0000

Yeah, this is one I am gonna try and implement on my Proof of Concept tomorrow. It may be up and running, I will get you some load info ASAP. I am however, guessing, that its gonna take a large ammount of configuration to get it working with K12LTSP, and since I dont fully understand all of the components working together in LTSP, I'm not sure if I will be capable of implementing it at the moment. However, its only a matter of time before I do.

Mike